Bank One, a major Midwest bank that is now owned by JPMorgan Chase, lost around 100 employee laptops due to a failure in physical access controls. The office had one access point that was controlled with an RFID badge system. The badge system was slow, taking around 30 seconds to a minute to unlock the door. This led to impatient employees at this location assisting each other by piggybacking at the door. Employees would badge in and then hold the door open for other the employees behind them. This security flaw was further exacerbated by a lack of security cameras at the door. Most employees were using laptops at this location, with no security cables or locking docking stations.
In the early 2000s, during an all-hands off-site meeting, thieves gained access to the office and stole approximately 100 laptops. After the incident, measures were taken to enhance the physical access controls at the location. Cameras were added at the entry point, and the badge system was modified so that employees had to badge in and out of the building. Policy changes were also enacted. The act of piggybacking was banned, and this was added to the code of conduct.
Make sure to follow APA style. Please be certain that your submission is 1 page in length and meet the minimum APA formatting guidelines:
• 12-pt, Times New Roman font
• 1” margins on all sides
• Please provide a title page including your Name, Course Number, Date of Submission, and Assignment name.
• Paraphrasing of content – Demonstrate that you understand the topic by summarizing the issues in your own words. Direct quotes should be used minimally.
• Reference Section (A separate page is recommended.) Please cite the source using APA formatting guidelines. If you need guidance or a refresher on this, please visit: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/10/ (link is external) Be sure to include at least three reference sources.
• In-text citations – If you need additional guidance, please visit: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/02/ (link is external)