- Choose one poet from the following lists of “best" poets:
- http://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahgalo/contemporary-poets-you-must-read#.nurWzY2P5 (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
- http://superscholar.org/9-modern-and-contemporary-poets-everyone-can-and-should-read/ (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
- http://blog.sfgate.com/drader/2011/03/03/the-10-greatest-poets-my-list/ (Links to an external site.)
- Read one of his or her poems
- Include the poet’s name, title of poem, and date.
- Include a brief biography of the poet.
- Evaluate the poem by explaining, in essay format, four of the following terms as defined in the textbook reading this week: language and rhythm, imagery, figures, metaphors, symbols, allegory, rhyme, alliteration, assonance, consonance, meter.
- What is the meaning or message of the poem?
- Choose a word or phrase from the poem in Part 1 that triggers a feeling, reaction, memory, or image for you.
- Inspired by the poem you chose , write a poem of your own (at least five lines in length).
- What is the title of your poem? How specifically did the poem in Part 1 inspire you?
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Choose one poet from the following lists of “best’ poets: http://ww