Learning Module Objective addressed:
Students will be able to construct a message that is appropriate for the audience and setting (CCO – 3)
Students will be able to describe the importance of topic, purpose and thesis in effective speech preparation. (CCO-3)
Students will be able to incorporate research from appropriate academic resources to develop a message. (CCO – 4)
Students will be able to choose relevant supporting materials (details) that will help make their points clear, interesting and memorable. (CCO – 2, 4)
Please create your own thread and write a response to each question and provide an explanation for your answers.
1. Provide your topic, thesis and the type of organization pattern that you will use for an informative speech (topical, chronological/time or spatial).
2. Explain why the organization pattern that you selected is the best option for this speech. (topical, chronological/time or spatial).
3. Describe the audience that will be addressed (students, co-workers, clients, etc.). Explain how you would adapt your speech for a different audience.
4. List and justify three different types of supporting details that you will use during your speech. Reminder: supporting details are: facts, statistics, quotes, anecdotes, analogies, definitions. Please review the public speaking lectures.
5. List and justify two different sources from the CCBC library that you will use to add credibility to your speech.
Link to CCBC library below:
6. Response Part:
Your response must be written at the English 101 college level. Your response must be at least four complete sentences. The Word (.doc) file for the response's included