Part I: The Narrative Summary of your interview with male-identified (M3A1) regarding their perceptions about their own health.Part II: An Analysis of the interview using supporting evidence based literature. Assignment Guidelines: For each paper you are to conduct an interview (M3 with a female identified individual and M4 with a male identified individual) which will provide information regarding the individual’s perceptions about their own health as well as their experiences in the healthcare system from the perspective of sex and gender. Choose someone who is willing to sit with you and talk to you openly about their thoughts and experiences. This individual may be a family member, a friend, or a co-worker.Remember, do not use full names within the paper use only first names for confidentiality reasons.Part I: After completing the interview, you will write a one page narrative summary of the data you have collected addressing all key points as listed below. Use the following questions to guide your interview.
- Tell me a little bit about yourself: work life, family life, interests.
- How involved would you say you are in researching information related to your own health?
- How involved would you say you are in researching information related to the health of other people in your life? Examples?
- What are the biggest concerns you have regarding your health? Now? In the future?
- How often do you consult with a healthcare professional?
- Complete the following sentence: I will make an appointment with a healthcare provider when ___________________.
- What usually causes you to make an appointment?
- Do you feel like your health-related habits are similar or different from other members of your sex? If so, in what way? If not, why? Any examples?
DO NOT submit the answers to the interview-rather use these to assist you in writing your narrative summary for Part I.Part I: Interview Summary
- Provide a brief description of the person you interviewed that includes demographic information. (i.e., age, occupation, family situation, marital status, etc.).
- Describe their involvement in gathering health-related information.
- Describe their relationship with the healthcare system, in terms of how often they interact with healthcare professionals and why.
- Describe their perceptions of how they compare to other members of their own sex.
Part II: Analysis: Addressing the following components, write a one page analysis using the information obtained during the interview process. Support your observations and assumptions with evidence based literature and/or readings from Module 2 and 3. A minimum of 3 articles are required.
- Discuss your perceptions of the individual you interviewed from the perspective of sex and gender.
- Describe how similar or different are the roles and behaviors of your interviewee compared to other members of their same sex.
- Provide examples of gender-related behaviors to support your analysis.
Follow the GUIDELINES for WRITING A SCHOLARLY PAPERCompose your work using a word processor (or other software as appropriate) and save it frequently to your computer. Paper must be submitted in a word.doc format.Be sure to check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors before you upload it.When you are ready to submit your work, go to the Assignment tab, click "Browse My Computer" and find your file. Once you have located your file, click "Open" and, if successful, the file name will appear under the Attached files heading. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Submit." Please, do not submit as a TEXT.Turnitin® : all papers submitted through CANVAS are automatically submitted to Turnitin®. Turnitin® is an originality checking and plagiarism prevention service that checks your writing for citation mistakes or inappropriate copying. When you submit your paper, Turnitin® compares it to text in its massive database of student work, websites, books, articles, etc. A recommended percentage of matched words is 3% for any one source and no more than 15% overall for your entire paper. This means a high percentages of match requires you to revise your paper such that you are either paraphrasing or quoting material correctly. High matches may result in a failing grade and/or further disciplinary action per the Excelsior College Academic Honesty Policy.