The purpose of this assignment is to stimulate reflection about an experience, rather than just documenting the experience.
First, complete the questionnaire portion of "What Is Your Role in Communicating Research Information? Part I Questionnaire and Scoring Guide" resource.
Score the questionnaire using the same resource.
One way to keep from simply documenting the event is to begin your answer to the above questions with one of the following phrases:
- During my experience, I felt…
- I learned… about myself.
- The significance or meaning of my learning is…
- I discovered I …
Refer to the "Feeling Words" resource. The list of feeling words may serve as an aid to identify feelings that may occur during health care professional-patient interactions.
Based on the questionnaire results, as well as the insights gained from the Topic 1 readings, write a 250- to 500-word reflection, addressing the following questions:
- How would you describe your success with communicating?
- What did you learn about your communication style that enables you to communicate effectively?
- How will you work to increase your communication ability with compassion and care for others?
- How will you use this research process to communicate what you have learned about your communication skills that will help you as a health care professional?