This exercise will heighten your awareness of services businesses and how they perform from the customer’s perspective. Two of the modules will ask you to complete a service encounter journal entry. The encounters will be ones you typically encounter each week so they should be easy to find–doctors, dentists, banks, insurance companies, auto service, telephone companies, credit card companies, lawn service, football game, golf lesson, hair styling, etc. The entry should focus on:
1) when the incident happened (satisfying or dissatisfying?)
2) what circumstances led up to this situation?
3) what did the employee (or firm member) say or do?
4) what resulted that made you feel the interaction was satisfying or dissatisfying?
5) what could or should have been done differently?
PICK HERE****** One personal service-haircut, oil change, health club, MBA program, etc.