This homework we will understand our impact on National Parks, and what we should be doing to preserve them. National parks can be a controversial topic, so make sure that you keep
National Parks can be defined as an entity that: “preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Park Service cooperates with partners to extend the benefits of natural and cultural resource conservation and outdoor recreation throughout this country and the world” (NPS, 2018).
We all have probably enjoyed a National Park, and if you would like more information, take time to look around: https://www.nationalparks.org/
For this homework:
- Find a National Park: https://www.nps.gov/findapark/index.htm
- Choose the state in which you reside. There are a lot of parks.
- Recall that this is a biology class, therefore please select a park that allows you to discuss the wildlife (plants and animals) and ecological advantages.
- How large is the park?
- What types of wildlife are found there?
- What kind of recreation is present?
- Have you ever visited in person?
- What are the ecological advantages of the park?
- What are the economic advantages of the park?
Wida, E.C. (2018, Mar. 30). Unhappy campers continue to protest Yosemite National Park's first Starbucks. Today Online. Retrieved from https://www.today.com/food/starbucks-opens-first-national-park-despite-backlash-t126209
National Park Service. (2018). About Us. https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/index.htm